DigiTise! Digital Toolkit for 50+ teachers projects addresses VET teachers/trainers and teachers of general subjects working in VET and continuing education that have recently had to change to online teaching.
Leveraging technology for teaching and learning has the ability to transform the educational landscape. Digital learning can provide students with the opportunity to take charge of their learning, encourage deep thinking, and promote collaboration.Digital Promise, n.d., Teaching with Digital Learning Tools., Retrieved 16 August 2022
DigiTise! aims to achieve these objectives:
- Transfer the know-how on 15 different types of digital tools within the partnership
- Create and disseminate a Handbook containing the genera description of core digital tools, at least 45 digital practice exercises for enhancing the quality of online teaching
- Create and disseminate 10 MOOC courses for the target group for developing 50+ teachers’ basic and intermediate digital competencies and raise their digital competence level.
DigiTise aims to contribute to the increased quality of education in the online space with:
- increased impact on learners and improved educational results by
ensuring, that teachers are have gained higher level of digital competence and are more equipped with DigiTise! toolkit.
- A more strategic, standardized and integrated use of digital tools in online education
- increased motivation for online learning, as learners will be able to attend more attractive, efficient and innovative online classes
- Increased sense of job security stated by 50+ teacher participants